DISSCO 540 MASTIC
INSTALLATION GUIDELINES - NEW CONSTRUCTION
1. DISSCO 540 MASTIC should not be applied over standing water or wet
surfaces. Allow at least 48 hours cure time on newly poured concrete or
mortar joints prior to application of waterproofing.
2. Remove loose dirt and debris from footers with a stiff brush. Scrape
loose mortar from walls and footers if necessary.
3. Remove wall ties prior to application. Deep cone form ties must be
grouted prior to waterproofing.
4. For ease of application heat DISSCO 540 MASTIC to 120°F to 150°F.
5. Use DISSCO recommended spray equipment and application procedures.
Apply two coats, each coat to give a uniform coverage rate of 6 gallons
per 100 square feet of area per coat. Finished two coat dry film thickness
of no less than 110 mills. On rougher surfaces additional material may
6. During spray operations, pay close attention to irregularities in
the surfaces to be coated. Adjustments in spray angle and additional coating
may be necessary to assure that all surfaces are properly coated.
Examples of irregularities are:
Wall tie penetrations
Utility, vent, and chimney penetrations
Joints between footers and walls
Joints between masonry blocks
7. After completing spray application of foundation, check for areas
which were missed and also those which are visibly thin. If necessary,
apply a touch coat to these areas.
8. Allow 16-24 hours for coating to dry prior to backfilling. During colder
weather, a longer drying time may be necessary. Coated surfaces should
be covered within 15 days. Long term exposure to sunlight may be detrimental
to performance of the coating.
9. Drainage tile should be installed per manufacturer's recommendations
to provide for removal of water from foundation walls and footer. Care
should be taken during installation to ensure that coating is not damaged.
10. The use of protection board is recommended to cover membrane when
angular stone or sharp objects are present in the backfill.
For further information, please contact:
Denver Industrial Sales &
850 South Lipan Street
Denver, CO 80223
Ph. (303) 935-2485 · Fax (303) 935-6787
Toll Free (877) 935-2485